Thursday, November 20, 2014

Month 1 | Protective Style Challenge Update

I cannot believe it has been one month since I started my Protective Style Challenge! Time really flies! If this challenge keeps going by so quickly and being this easy, I will be able to complete it until March with no problem.

Prior to starting my challenge, my hair was dry for a few reasons. The sudden drop in weather completely changed my hair. I was not taking care of my hair properly simply out of laziness and just being tired (it happens). And of course, life's chaos took a toll on my hair. I would go a day or so without moisturizing it and I would style my hair multiple times a week. Keep in mind, my hair needs moisture on a daily basis and becomes stronger and healthier when I keep protective styles in for weeks at a time. I even had to trim half of an inch (to an inch in some spots) to get rid of dry, brittle ends. I honestly thought the health of my hair was slowly going down hill and that prompted me to begin my Protective Style Challenge.
(New York Girl wig)

Now, my hair is slowly, but surely, getting better! No, it is not in "perfect condition" but my ends are softer and there has been no damage or breakage. My hair seems thicker and I have noticed that each and every time wash day comes around. I have also noticed that my hair is a lot easier to manage. Wash days used to take forever and I used to dread them (I still do at times) but now it takes less time. It's like my hair wants to cooperate now and I am perfectly fine with that!

  

My goals for this month (November 18 - December 18) are to: 

Overall, I have been pretty good about sticking with the challenge. I have had a few days when I slipped (like not washing on time and keeping my wigs off for more than 2 days a week) but I am determined to stay on track this month so I can continue reaching my hair goals!



***
:: Thanks for reading! ::

Morgan :)

: Check out more of my hair pictures + posts on Instagram! Click there! >> The4cProject :



No comments:

Post a Comment