Thursday, October 23, 2014

Fall & Winter Protective Style Challenge!

I originally planned to start my Fall & Winter Protective Style Challenge on the first day of fall this year which was September 22. However, I could not think of a long-term style that I was ready to rock for the next couple of months. And not only that, I had to mentally prepare myself for protecting my hair this cold season; which means no playing in my hair every single day and being very proactive about keeping my hair moisturized, sealed and out of the way! This is something that is very difficult for me because I like to style my hair multiple times a week. Every other day I am doing something new to my hair. So, I spent the last few weeks doing multiple styles to get all of the touching and playing in my hair out of my system. (Yes, it is that serious lol!) But now, I am ready to "hide" the beauty...

**************************************************************************

Here is what I will be doing for my challenge this season:
(from October 2014 to March 2015)

* Continue to follow my fall and winter hair care regimen

*Do Greenhouse Effect (for added moisture) at least 5 nights out of the week

*Take vitamins/supplements formulated for hair strength and growth on a daily basis

* Wear full cap wigs as my protective style at least 5 days out of the week (I will not use the attached combs to better protect my edges)

* Keep my hair twisted or braided underneath wig and only take down for wash days and on "hair and scalp breathing days (days when I do not wear a wig)"

**************************************************************************

That's it! I notice when my hair is not being bothered on a daily basis that it flourishes! These next 5 months are going to take a lot of patience, hard work, wigs (lol) and discipline but I know it will all pay off for my hair in the long run...March 2015, here we come!


(This synthetic wig is New York Girl by Freetress)


:: Thanks for reading! ::

Morgan :)

: Check out more of my hair on Instagram! Click there! >> The4cProject :

No comments:

Post a Comment