Saturday, October 18, 2014

My [First] Protective Style for the Fall and Winter!

For the past few weeks I have been trying to decide which protective styles to wear for the fall and winter. I have been going back and forth between simply twisting and braiding my own hair, getting extensions or rocking a wig! I had to solely focus on my hair goals and needs. With the ends of my hair being extremely dry and my hands always wanting to play in my hair, I figured I might as well hide my hair behind wigs for a few months. Now, to be honest, wearing wigs has not always been my favorite thing but I am willing to give them a try (once again) to see if they will help with some of the hair issues I am experiencing at the moment. And, I know wigs alone won't fix the problems but they are a great protective style if worn properly and if combined with a great hair care regimen.

Today I went by my local beauty supply store to purchase one wig. I thought if I can wear one wig faithfully, with confidence, for at least a month then I will "treat" myself to more later. So after only having 20 minutes to try on 5-6 wigs, I chose New York Girl by Freetress in the color 2. I paid about $24 for this synthetic unit. Although I have only had this wig for less than 24 hours, I love it! My kiddos love the different look! My co-workers who always see me with my natural 'fro even like it; they were oooohing-and-ahhhhing as soon as I walked in to work, lol! 

Quick Review: To keep it short and sweet, the wig is not too shiny, the length is a little past arm pit length, there is a small part to create a realistic look, the layers add some good movement and the wig is very soft and lightweight. I have noticed a little shedding but nothing that would cause me not to wear the wig.  And, I decided to go with something straight to change it up and to keep me from being tempted to straighten my own hair! I can say I am already loving this wig! Let's hope that New York Girl (plus me sticking to my hair care regimen) will help get my hair to a healthier state!

**After a month of wearing this wig I will come back with a full review to let you know how it holds up.**






:: Thanks for reading! ::

Morgan :)

: Check out more of my hair on Instagram! Click there! >> The4cProject :


2 comments:

  1. Why didn't you opt for a more "natural" look?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Isabelle! Good question! My goal was to find a natural looking wig but at my local beauty supply store all of the curly/kinky ones looked too "wiggy" or were way too big for my liking! I am currently researching more curly wigs now and my next one will definitely be one with some curl pattern. And, I also love straight hair but this wig keeps me from having to straighten my own! :)

      Delete