Monday, December 1, 2014

November 2014 Favorites | Hair and Skin Products

Hi Guys! I thought I would start doing a monthly series on my favorite hair and skin care products. The goal is to share my honest thoughts about each item and to showcase products that are affordable, natural and/or organic and amazing! I hope you guys enjoy!

*Please know that I purchased all of the products mentioned with my own money. I am not being paid with money or free products to review the items. Also, if interested in learning more about the products, click on the product's name to be directed to the company's website. 

Mielle Organics - Advanced Healthy Hair Formula
www.mielleorganics.com
healthy-hair-formula
Picture Credit : Mielle Organics
When the hair supplements I used to take ran out, I looked for new ones that offered an extra boost of nutrients so that I could really strengthen and grow my hair. I was looking for vitamins that would help me reach and exceed my hair goals. I had been following Mielle Organics on Instagram for months before I made the decision to finally purchase their vitamins. Compared to the hair supplements I used to take, these have a very generous amount of beneficial vitamins that do so much for your hair, skin, nails and body overall. After the first day of me taking these vitamins, I woke up feeling more energized than normal. It has been nearly a month of me taking these supplements and I have noticed that I still wake up with that boost of energy that I need, especially with being a Mother to three little boys. My nails are forever growing and I find myself having to trim them down regularly.  Now of course, everyone wants to know what these vitamins have been doing for my hair! With the help of these vitamins, plus doing other healthy things for my hair, I have seen my hair become stronger, there has been less shedding and my hair is no longer dry and brittle. I will be doing a length check soon (on my Instagram page) so I will be able to say how these supplements contributed to any extra hair growth! Overall, I am very pleased with Mielle Organics' supplements and recommend them to those seeking a healthy hair vitamin.

***************************************

SheaMoisture - Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque
www.sheamoisture.com
Picture Credit : SheaMoisture

About three years ago I used SheaMoisture's Deep Treatment Masque when I had texlaxed hair. My hair loved this product then and still loves it to this day! It is something about products with shea butter that my hair absolutely loves! This masque is thick and creamy, smells crazy-amazing, and moisturizes my hair like no other. Though this product is labeled as a masque, I use it as a styling cream because it actually helps to hold and moisturize my hair. I often find that other styling creams do one or the other, when I need them to do both. When I take down my twists to rock a twist out, my hair actually moves; it bounces and shakes, I love it! And for me that is a huge deal! With me having extra thick, extra kinky hair, any product that softens, moisturizes and adds that bounce to my hair is a winner. I have used many SheaMoisture products and they are very consistent - the products do what they promise and this masque is my absolute favorite product from their hair care line! 

***************************************


Amazing Black- Black Soap 6oz
Picture Credit : Alikay Naturals

With me loving African Black Soap and Alikay Naturals, I was excited to finally try their soap, Amazing Black Soap. This soap has a warm, earthy smell and the look may throw some people off but I promise you this soap is wonderful and has done some great things for my hair and skin. I use this gentle soap as a head-to-toe cleanser and a little really goes a long way. The lather is very light and smooth and you can tell there are no harsh chemicals in this soap; it just feels different, in a good way. I love how this soap is simple and powerful at the same time. When detangling my hair, I can easily get the tangles and knots out with this soap being the only product in my hair. I do not skip the conditioning step in my hair care regimen but this soap helps to make detangling a breeze. I have also noticed that this soap does not dry out my hair, still leaving my hair and scalp clean. When it comes to my skin, I have noticed that my face is radiant and my skin tone is more even. Since being consistent with using this soap, I rarely get breakouts. I have sensitive skin so I really appreciate the benefits of this Amazing Black Soap!

***
:: Thanks for reading! ::

Morgan :)

: Check out more of my hair pictures + posts on Instagram! Click there! >> The4cProject :

No comments:

Post a Comment