Sunday, February 15, 2015

What My Hair Loves | Oils and Butters!

I have tried so many different products on my hair but there are specific ones I always resort back to because they offer the best results for my hair - manageability, softness, moisture and movement! And, what a coincidence that all of these ingredients are natural/organic...

Shea Butter - My hair absolutely loves shea butter! I love the nutty smell and it works as an excellent sealant for my hair. Out of all of the products out there (natural and store bought), this butter always does a perfect job at softening my hair. I even mix it with other (natural) ingredients to create the perfect moisturizer. I have used shea butter alone to create the perfect twist and braid outs. This butter really is that amazing! When my scalp is itchy, I massage a bit of shea butter on it and the itchiness immediately goes away. This butter is my absolute favorite product because it always brings my hair back to life!

Coastal Scents (from www.coastalscents.com)
*****

Castor Oil - My Mom used castor oil on my hair and scalp when I was a child and she believes this oil is the reason why my hair is so thick. To this day when people ask about my hair, my Mom will always mention the days she used to apply castor to my styles on a daily basis. I do not doubt that castor oil has contributed to me having thick strands. When we do lots of research about growing and thickening our hair, what is one of the number one oils that pops up?! Castor oil! I use this oil whenever I do the Greenhouse Effect (sometimes mixed with other oils) and my hair has returned to being its healthiest and strongest with the help of castor oil.

Sunny Isle (from www.sunnyislejamaicanblackcastoroil.com)
*****

Coconut Oil - This oil is absolutely amazing! When I first learned this oil could be used for hair, I was in high school. I love how light the oil is so it does not weigh my hair down at all. I often add coconut oil to my other hair care products to better soften and condition my hair. Coconut oil acts as the perfect prepoo, making the detangling process a lot quicker and easier. I am also a huge fan of coconut oil, because like shea butter, it does wonders for my skin. I recommend giving this oil a try first if you are new to using oils for your hair and skin.

Spectrum Naturals (from www.target.com)
*****

Peppermint Oil - Hands down, peppermint oil is my favorite essential oil! I love the tingly feeling on my scalp after applying a diluted mixture of this oil to my scalp. I also love to sneak this oil into my conditioners, clarifying shampoos, and even other oils that I specifically use for my scalp. I contribute my recent hair growth partially to peppermint oil. My scalp always feels so "refreshed" after I use peppermint oil. And of course, the scent has you smelling like Christmas time every day...I love it!

Now (from www.gnc.com)
*****

Almond Oil - This is a very light oil and works well as a sealant after I apply my water-based leave in conditioner. Almond oil does not have a strong scent so I love that it is not overpowering and you can easily mix it with other oils or butters to create the perfect sealant. I have been using almond oil for some months now and it is one of my favorite since it does not weigh my hair down at all. A lot of other carrier oils tend to be a bit heavy and give my hair a weighed down look when doing twist- or braidouts but this oil does the complete opposite. If you are interested in trying different oils this is a perfect oil to add to your hair care regimen.

Now (from www.gnc.com)

***
:: Thanks for reading! ::

Morgan :)

: Check out more of my hair pictures + posts on Instagram! Click there! >> The4cProject :


No comments:

Post a Comment