Tuesday, January 3, 2017

My Hair Care Regimen! | Updated: January 2019

MY HAIR CARE REGIMEN

Let's get right to it! :)


Here is my current hair care regimen:

Remember you have to do what is best for your hair. This regimen works for me but may not work for you.

In the Morning:
1. Lightly moisturize hair with a water-based leave in conditioner or moisturizer

2. Follow up with a moisturizing styling cream


3. Apply a hair butter or oil to hair


4. Style, if necessary

At Night:
1. Apply a very small amount of oil to scalp

2. Massage scalp for 2-5 minutes

3. Depending on style, re-twist and/or tuck hair away out of face

4. Put on a satin bonnet or scarf

5. If doing the Greenhouse Effect, I do this 3-5 times a week.


Wash Day:
1. Divide hair in to smaller sections and apply prepoo to each section
***I prepoo each wash day to help keep my hair soft and manageable***



2. Co-wash and detangle hair with a co-washing cleansing cream, OR cleanse scalp with African black soap or a moisturizing shampoo and rinse scalp & hair. When detangling, use fingers first then,a wide tooth comb or detangling brush, if necessary. Okay if hair is left in sections when washing/rinsing.
***When co-washing, I co-wash once a week and shampoo once a month***
***When doing hair challenges, I shampoo once a week and omit co-washing***


***I do a "hard" protein treatment (a homemade egg-based protein) once a month; I apply it before my DC and will leave it on for 5-15 minutes before rinsing out.***


3. Apply deep conditioner, done every wash day


4. Twist each section after applying deep conditioner

5. Put on a plastic conditioning cap and deep condition for 15-30 minutes


6. Rinse out deep conditioner


7. After cleansing and deep conditioning, I finish up by doing large twists or braids on freshly washed hair using a leave-in conditioner, a styling cream and an oil (The LCO Method) - In this video, I am doing the LOC Method but I now do the LCO Method. Simply switch the cream and oil!





That's pretty much it! I try to keep my hair care regimen as simple as possible because my hair responds best to minimal manipulation and few products!

~Morgan~

::Follow Me on Social Media to See My Healthy, Natural Hair Journey::

Instagram: @The4cProject
Facebook: www.facebook.com/The4cProject
 YouTube: www.youtube.com/The4cProject

No comments:

Post a Comment