Wednesday, September 24, 2014

20 Facts About MY NATURAL HAIR!!!

Many are doing the '20 Facts About Me' tag but I changed it up and wanted to share 
:: 20 Facts About My Natural Hair ::




1. My hair has been relaxed, cut, texturized, texlaxed, "softened"...everything but dyed or had a sew-in installed! I have always thought about both but have yet to give either a try. 

2. I have about 10-12 silvery-white strands in my hair. When I first noticed I had gray hair, I did not mind them at all. One day I got curious/bored and cut them all off. They grew back a bright, shimmery white color! 

3. The #1 comment I get about my hair is "Your hair is so thick!" 

4. One of my hair goals is to grow my hair to mid-back length (MBL). I feel like anything longer than that for me may be too difficult to handle on a daily basis...but I have a feeling I will want to grow it to waist length once I hit that MBL goal!

5. When I get bored with my hair, I tend to cut it; whether it is all of my hair or something as quick and simple as bangs! Now, I am trying my hardest not to put scissors to my hair so I change the style of my hair when I get bored.

6. My hair is in love with water, conditioners and shea butter! It could live off of those 3 products alone...forever!

7. The most challenging thing about my hair is detangling it! My hair has to be detangled to perfection or when it dries, it mats up and tangles right back up. So every time I wash my hair I spend about 20-30 minutes getting all of the knots out. I am working on getting that down to 10-15 minutes.

8. I get just about as many compliments about my hair from men as I do women!

9. Since going natural for the first time in 2009, I have only been to 2 stylists : one straightened my hair and the other twisted my hair, with extensions. As of now, those are the only two things I am okay with any stylist doing to my hair. Other than that, I style my own mane!

10. Back in 2007, I had a really short cut which was about 3-4 inches long. The stylist asked me if I wanted to cut an additional inch so I could be natural! At the time I really did not understand what she meant and had no interest, so I said no. Funny to think I would be 7 years natural this year. (I'm over here wondering how long and big my hair would be lol!)

11. I have natural, reddish-colored streaks in my hair. When my hair is straight you can see them very well but in its natural state they are no where to be found.

12. Once a lady asked me if my natural hair was real, not because of the length or texture but because of how thick it is! And of course she went on to ask what products do I use to get my hair so thick! (I love how natural hair brings about a conversation...)

13. About a year ago, I was walking in the store (rocking my 'fro) and a man approached me and said 'I like your hat!' lol...I had no clue if he thought my hair was an actual hat or what but I just smiled and said 'Thank you!'

14. Scalp massages are an absolute must for my scalp! It's like my scalp gets tense and grumpy when I fail to do them. It's weird...

15. My "lazy/I-do-not-want-to-do-my-hair hairstyle" is an afro! 

16. I am sooooo "style-challenged!" I can do all of the basic styles (twists, twist out, braids, braid out) but I cannot do cornrows/"braid-to-the-scalp" styles at all! So, I have to improvise by doing a loose braid or twist and bobby-pinning it to my hair lol!

17. When I have an overwhelming or stressful day, my hair is one of the first things to get affected by my mood -- it will literally go from feeling soft and moisturized to dry and brittle. It's weird how it works but I have noticed that change over the years.

18. I have never been called 'Queen' or 'Sista/Sistah' from men (and some women) until I went natural lol...

19. I secretly want to big chop again...mmmmm! ;)

20. My Husband and boys think my natural hair is awesome so natural I will always be...



:: Thanks for reading! ::

Morgan :)

: Check out more of my hair on Instagram! Click there! >> The4cProject :

No comments:

Post a Comment